If you’re struggling to afford a phone or internet service in Florida, the Lifeline Assistance program may be able to help. This program offers discounted phone and internet services to low-income families. Over 2 million people in Florida currently take advantage of the program.
To qualify for the program, your household income must be at or below $17,388 per year for a family of one and $47,013 per year for a family of four. You also need to meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You participate in a government assistance program like Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, FPHA, or Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- Your income is at or below the income limits mentioned above, and you can provide proof of eligibility.
- You live on federally recognized tribal land and participate in certain tribal-specific government assistance programs.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the Lifeline program online at the National Verifier website. This website helps you check your eligibility and apply for the program. Here’s the website: https://www.checklifeline.org/lifeline/.
When you apply for the Lifeline program, you’ll need to provide some information about yourself and your household. You’ll also need to show proof of eligibility, such as tax returns, paycheck stubs, or proof of enrollment in a government assistance program.
Once you’re approved for the Lifeline program, you can choose from several carriers in Florida that offer free phones and discounted phone and internet services. Here are some of the carriers you can choose from:
- Assurance Wireless: This carrier offers a free phone and up to 3GB of data per month. Call 1-888-898-4888 or visit https://www.assurancewireless.com/ for more information.
- enTouch Wireless: This carrier offers a free phone and up to 5GB of data per month. Call 1-866-488-8719 or visit https://www.entouchwireless.com/ for more information.
- Life Wireless: This carrier offers a free phone and up to 3GB of data per month. Call 1-888-543-3620 or visit https://www.lifewireless.com/ for more information.
- Q Link Wireless: This carrier offers a free phone and up to 3GB of data per month. Call 1-855-754-6543 or visit https://qlinkwireless.com/ for more information.
It’s important to compare the carriers to find the one that best suits your needs. Each carrier has different eligibility requirements, plans, and phones.
In conclusion, the Lifeline Assistance program can offer discounted phone and internet services to those who qualify. If you’re eligible, you can apply online and choose a carrier that meets your needs. Contact the carriers or visit their websites for more information or to sign up.