You’re here because you need a smartphone and want to know how to get a free in Alabama. It is true. The US government provides cell phones and free data plans to residents of the great state of Alabama through AT&T. The Heart of Dixie and the home of the background of many American Civil Rights events is a great place to live. Alabama gives a phone to people who need extra help so that they can work and stay in touch with friends and family. You will get a smartphone with 3 gigabytes of data, unlimited text messages, and 350 voice minutes per month. All you need to do is visit the AT&T Lifeline website.
To Get a Free Cell Phone in Alabama All You Need to Do Is:
- Prove that you qualify
- Submit an application online (It’s the government. There are forms.)
- That’s it.
Let’s Take it Step by Step:
You qualify if:
- You are already getting benefits such as
- If you have Medicaid
- If you are getting SSI
- You get food stamps (SNAP)
- You have a Tribal Benefit
- OR, your household income is at or below these cutoffs.
- For one person $17,226 per year
- For a household of two people: less than $23,274 per year
- Look at this chart for more information
All you need to do is visit the AT&T Lifeline website. You will probably need to scan and upload documents such as a paystub, proof of Medicaid, proof of your address, and proof of your social security number. (Again, it’s the government). But the phone company will help you.