You’re here because you need a smartphone and want to know how to get a free in New York. It is true. The US government provides cell phones and free data plans to residents of the great state of New York. The Big Apple and the home of the Yankees is a great place to live. New York gives a phone to people who need extra help so that they can work and stay in touch with friends and family. You will get a smartphone with 3 gigabytes of data, unlimited text messages, and 350 voice minutes per month. We reccomend you visit the Assurance Wireless website, becuase they have the simplest site to navigate.
To Get a Free Cell Phone in New York All You Need to Do Is:
- Prove that you qualify
- Submit an application online (It’s the government. There are forms.)
- That’s it.
Let’s Take it Step by Step:
You qualify if:
- You are already getting benefits such as
- If you have Medicaid
- If you are getting SSI
- You get food stamps (SNAP)
- You have a Tribal Benefit
- OR, your household income is at or below these cutoffs.
- For one person $17,226 per year
- For a household of two people: less than $23,274 per year
- Look at this chart for more information
All you need to do is visit the Assurance Wireless website. You will probably need to scan and upload documents such as a paystub, proof of Medicaid, proof of your address, and proof of your social security number. (Again, it’s the government). But the phone company will help you.
Leave a Reply