In February 2018,A Consumer Reports announced the top instant digital meat thermometers. Read about them below:
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B005OMV3FK’ text=’CDNProAccurate TCT572′ template=’ProductLink’ store=’crwatchdog-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’4db0ef3c-4081-11e8-a35d-fbc6ee51e2db’]
- ThermoWorks ThermoPen
- ThermaWorks Pocket RT600C2
#1: CDN ProAccurate TCT572
With thermometers accuracy is pivotal and the ProAccurate tops the charts with unmatched accuracy and convenience.
- It’ waterproof and shatterproof (it’s built to last)
- Unmatched accuracy ensures the perfect cook each time
- Foldable probe makes storage easy peasy.
- The display comes with backlight and thus can be used under low lights too.
- BioCote technology makes it microbe-resistant and safe for use.
- It’s NSF certified and has a response rate of 3-6s seconds (now that’s quick).
- Expensive but feature rich.
In summary, the CDN ProAccurate TCT572 is the best instant digital meat thermometer for 2018.
[amazon_textlink asin=’B005OMV3FK’ text=’Buy Now’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’crwatchdog-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’4db0ef3c-4081-11e8-a35d-fbc6ee51e2db’]
#2: ThermoWorks ThermaPen
There’s a reason ThermoWork thermometers are so highly rated and the ThermaPen exemplifies it especially when cooking extra thing meat.
- Has a response time of 3-4 seconds so you get really quick results.
- Auto on/off when the probe is opened or closed for easy access.
- It’s waterproof and microbe-free and is thus bound to last you for years.
- It’s highly accurate ensuring your meat cooks perfectly and remains flavorsome.
- The 4.5-inch probe is ideal for measuring the temperature while frying without burns from oil spills.
- On the expensive side.
- More suited for extra thing meats.
In summary, it’s an excellent thermometer when cooking extra thin meat.
#3: ThermoWorks Pocket RT600C2
Need something on a budget? The ThermoWorks Pocket RT600C2 does not disappoint whether it’s the price or the accuracy.
- It’s the most accurate thermometer in this price range.
- Comes with a battery life of 5000 hours for uninterrupted usage.
- It’s waterproof and can be washed in dishwasher up to 190 degrees F.
- Saves Max/Min temperature so the meat can be cooked and served at the perfect temperatures.
- Does not include an auto on feature
- The response time of 5-6 seconds though slow is quicker then most budget picks.
- Does not include backlight thus not suited for night use.
In summary, the ThermoWorks Pocket RT600C2 is the most affordable thermometer and does not compromise on utility. It’s available here.