In February 2018, Consumer Reports announced the top elliptical machines. Read about them below:
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B001MWSW5A’ text=’Diamondback 1260Ef’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’crwatchdog-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’69c9886e-3e93-11e8-8b6c-811ef68a59cb’]
- Sole E95S
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B01MY88ZZ0′ text=’Schwinn 470′ template=’ProductLink’ store=’crwatchdog-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’3a567888-3e93-11e8-b2ca-81bca2c17c6a’]
#1: Diamondback 1260Ef
Want the ultimate workout experience? The Diamondback 1260Ef is an absolute beast and here’s why.
- With the 15 pre-set programmes and 20 resistance levels, workout intensity can be adjusted as per your fitness level.
- The 325 weight capacity makes it ideal for even overweight users.
- The dual heart rate monitors make tracking efficient.
- The heavy gauge steel build and aluminum extrusions make it the most durable trainer on the list.
- It’s also rust and corrosion resistant.
- The ergonomically placed pedals ensure it’s lighter on the knees, ankles and other joints.
- The user-friendly LED console tracks every aspect of your workout accurately.
- Expensive but comes with top of the line features.
- Fixed stride length means you have no control over it.
In summary, the Diamond 1260Ef is the best elliptical in 2018 making it ideal for both home and commercial use.
[amazon_textlink asin=’B001MWSW5A’ text=’Buy Now’ template=’ProductLink2′ store=’crwatchdog-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’69c9886e-3e93-11e8-8b6c-811ef68a59cb’]
#2: Sole E95S
While highly rated by Consumer Reports mainly because of its intuitive controls and display, the SoleE95S is more than that.
- Power adjustable stride of max 24″ and Incline make it ideal for cross-training.
- The 9″ LCD screen display helps keep track of all important workout related data.
- 10 pre-set programmes keep workouts interesting and add variety.
- The gauge steel build and lifetime frame warranty make it a durable choice.
- The 2-degree inward slope of the pedal ensures less stress on important joints such as ankles, knees etc.
- Cost is on the higher side
- Gets noisy with regular use.
In summary, the Sole E95S is another excellent premium elliptical for home use.
#3: Schwinn 470
Schwinn is a brand synonymous with fitness machines and the 470 Elliptical trainer exemplifies why.
- The 29 exercise programs help diversify routine.
- Bluetooth allows syncing with fitness apps for easy tracking
- With 25 resistance levels, you can vary workout intensity.
- Backlit LCD Screen shows 13 feedbacks including heart rate, calories burnt etc.
- Syncing with RunSocial app helps connect with people across the globe in real time.
- Requires maintenance every 5-6 months
- Though effective max incline offered is only 10 degrees
- The 200-250 weight range means it’s unsuitable for heavier users.
In summary, for less than $1000, the Schwinn 470 is a steal.
[amazon_textlink asin=’B01MY88ZZ0′ text=’Buy Now’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’crwatchdog-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’3a567888-3e93-11e8-b2ca-81bca2c17c6a’]